Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Gotta Love That Afro




This was a demo that I did for my Illustration class that I teach a Utah Valley State College. This was an in-class assignment. The students were to paint a stylized portrait in high viscosity acrylic paint, incorparting tactile texture and use a monochromatic color scheme. I really tried to push texture and exploit the acrylic paint as well as make the most out of the monochromatic color scheme. I did allow students to start with a warm or cool wash before painting with a monochromatic color scheme. The wash is burnt sienna and I painted the rest with raw sienna and black and white.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jamin, you are amazing! Great stuff!

Jamin LeFave said...

Thanks for commenting. It's nice to read what people, other than myself, think about paintings.

David Malan said...

Cool, very nice work Jamin. I think your head paintings have great color work on them. I am envious. This one is super all the way around.