Friday, April 15, 2011

Values, Color and The Masters









I haven't been very pleased with the results of my work and decided to improve my observation of value, color and edges. I decided to study Bouguereau and a a few others to make needed improvements. I also have been reading Solomon J Solomon's book about painting and have been experimenting with the painting method he describes, which is painting wet into wet alla prima. It is similar to the way Jeremy Lipking and Joseph Todorovitch paint, in as far as I can gather. It is painting lights and darks into an average color value wet base. I have been happy with the results and it is so much easier to work edges when painting wet into wet. Must of the work is small and quick, not much bigger than 4"x6".

1 comment:

Stooball said...

Fantastic! It's a privilege to see your process!